BARKEY PLASMA THAWER
The Barkey plasma thawer device for thawing out and warming of all bagged conserves of fresh frozen plasma (FFP), blood and erythrocyte concentrates (EC), pooled and single cryo, cryopreserved stem cells (HPC) or infusions solutions.
The Barkey plasmatherm follows: US Code of Federal Regulations Title 21 CFR 606.122
“CURRENT GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICE FOR BLOOD AND BLOOD COMPONENTS:
- Safe and simple operation
- Provable and written thawing out and warming process
- Universal application for:
– thawing out stem cells
– continuous operation and user-specific settings (possible without additional modules)
- Alarm signal after heating duration is complete
- Retention of biological quality rating of transfusion material due to heating time limitation
- Visual check of conserves during temperature control
- Menu-controlled user guidance
- Direct selection of blood or plasma
- Leak checks = contamination and infection protection for personnel and patient
Further benefits at a glance:
- Language selection
Data exchange interface (Ethernet connection)
- Barcode reader
- Log printer
- The plasmatherm can be extended with a mobile heated stand cabinet in connection with and additionally available Barkley warming center II.
Barkey has set standards for the safe handling of blood, plasma and stem cells with the development of its thawing procedure.
The complete-surface dry temperature regulation and temperature checks of conserves including edge zones, profile welding and hose connections enables the user to use the system safely.
Clear and unambiguous visualisation of dirt and blood residue through clear top on device.
Mains supply: 230 V AC / 115 V AC
Mains frequency: 50-60 Hz
Temperature setting: +37 to max. +45 °C
Interfaces / devices:
Optional RS 232, barcode scanner, log printer,
Dimensions (WxDxH): 340 x 600 x 320 mm
Weight without filling: 18 kg
Filling quantity: 9 l